Friday, April 29, 2011

Moons Over Sedona Part II: The Vortex Effect

Sedona, Arizona
Thursday, April 28, 2011
7:30 a.m.
Moons Over Sedona
Part II:  The Vortex Effect
“All of perceived reality is a fiction.”  
--David Darling
Human beings are meaning-making machines.  I’m convinced of this.  We like to connect the dots.  We see stars in the sky and begin to see clusters and constellations, and we begin to see beings and we tell stories about them.  Eventually others agree with us and the stories have value in themselves, and are passed down.  That is how the collective mind works.  That is how culture is created.  Some of us believe we live in “reality.”  Others of us are more comfortable suspecting we are living in a mythical reality, that is more like a fictive dream of our own fashioning we are someday destined to awaken from.  Viveka and I seem to be of the latter class, as the story I am about to tell will attest.
*   *   *
Factually speaking, we came to Sedona on day #33 of our trip.  It is now day #52, and we are still here (again).  Apparently, we have been “sucked in” to the notorious Sedona “vortex.”  Let me explain.
After a long weekend enjoying the red rock formations of Sedona, and trekking our miles on some selected trails, we had planned to move on to Flagstaff where we had allowed ourselves a break from walking, to enjoy the Grand Canyon area.  (This we did.)  Then, resuming our walking, we were to have spent Easter week traveling through St. Michaels, Arizona, and crossing over into the area of Gallup New Mexico.  This we did not do. 
As fate, or luck, or synchronicity would have it -- I prefer the latter -- I had met a woman in the Safeway store in Sedona on day #34 where we were both using the internet connection.  Her pink Dell computer was back to back with my silver grey Mac.  As we worked along silently together, I noticed, out of the corner of my eye a couple of words on the papers she was working from.  Embarrassed to have been “snooping,” nonetheless, I was fascinated with some of the phrases that caught my eye, like “The Diamond Light Foundation” and “Ascended Masters.”  Being familiar with these through many years of intense esoteric study, mostly in the decades of the ‘80s and ‘90s,  I struck up a conversation with Kamala Everett, who said she was visiting from Hawaii and would be giving a class the following weekend entitled, “Walk the Earth as a Living Master.”
Now as a “Sole2Soul walker” I knew I was “walking the earth,” but I wondered what it might be like to walk “as a living master.” It was an intriguing idea, but one I had held at arms length for many years:  far too presumptuous!
I asked her how much the class would cost.  “Twenty-five,” she said.  
“Twenty-five hundred?” I asked, feeling that certainly this would be some very costly information.
“No, twenty-five dollars,” she reassured me, with a radiant smile.  I liked this elegant woman, whose inner light shone through her soft, compassionate gaze.  Probably a little younger than myself, she had the aura of a teacher about her, and a refined self-confidence.
All during the following week in Flagstaff I kept being drawn back to the possibility of returning to Sedona to attend Kamala’s class.  As much as I disliked the idea of doubling back, still, each time I tuned in to my inner guidance, I received a positive signal:  “Yes.”
So we returned, attended the class and went to dinner afterwards with Kamala and some of the students.  As a result of the teaching, the shifting energies resulting from the class, the individuals we met, and especially the crystal “sound bowls” meditation, I noticed that our “forty days in the wilderness” was officially over -- both figuratively and literally -- for it was day #40 of our enterprise.  It was clear to me that a page had turned, a new chapter had begun, and we were breathing in the freedom of a new cycle.  
The next few days were full of “magical” and fortuitous encounters.  No longer on the outside looking in, we attended an interfaith church service we heard about through one of Kamala’s class members (which was conducted by a graduate of my own seminary in New York).  From another class member we learned about a full moon ceremony at a medicine wheel in town on the following evening (Sunday), and by others we were invited to a meditation group on Tuesday, and a healing circle on Thursday.
Everywhere we went we were able to share the story of our Sole2Soul Walk, and we received enthusiastic support and warm acceptance.  
Then, through Carol, a heart connection we made through the meditation circle, we met someone who took us into a whole new world.
To be continued:  
Moons Over Sedona  
Part III:  Uqualla’s World



3 comments:

  1. What an intriguing story! I can't wait for the next installment and how ultimately you will weave this Sedona experience into your mission.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your 'typo'!

    'Now as a “Sole2Soul walker” I knew I was 'waking the earth,'"

    These things aren't really accidents....

    ReplyDelete
  3. A representative of a local tour company told this writer that the earth energy results from sandstone rock formations that are rich in quartz, the mineral from which computer memory chips are manufactured.

    ilchi lee prayer of peace

    ReplyDelete